Program Mission Statement: The mission of the Teen Play Leader is to inspire, train, and engage teen students to prepare them for future careers in museums and education.
- Play with groups and/or families visiting the museum
- Enthusiastically interpret exhibits
- Lend a hand with prepping and delivering of daily programs and special events
- Work with peers and education staff with on-the-floor activities
- Help out with clerical/office work
- Enjoy playing with children ages 0-10
- Have a warm and adventurous personality that shows pride in your accomplishments
- Show kindness, confidence, and cheer
- Be reliable and punctual
- Stretch your creative muscles
- Explore something new every day
- Be curious
- Have fun!
- Allow your creativity and confidence to shine
- Build teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- Learn the basics of early childhood theory and education
- A unique opportunity to gain work experience
- Build a community service record
- Meet and hear from Tampa’s best non-profits
Must be ages 14-17
- 15 hours per week
- 7 weeks
- 105 hours total
Biweekly Training: Play Leaders will meet every other week to reflect on their experiences and discuss lessons learned like tools for overcoming challenges and leadership skills. Teens will also receive training on basic early childhood education topics, hear guest speakers from community partners, and presentations from GCM staff on Museum careers.
(Dates based on Hillsborough County school calendar.)
Application Deadline: May 27, 2016
Interview Week: June 6-10, 2016
Start Date: June 20, 2016
End Date: August 5, 2016
Teen Play Leader Applications are now closed, thanks for your interest and stay tuned for our next round of applications!