We have added Teen Play Leader programs for the Fall and Spring Semesters! Apply Now
The Summer 2018 Teen Play Leader registration is full.
Program Mission Statement: The mission of the Teen Play Leader program is to inspire, train, and engage teen students to prepare them for future careers in museums and education.
- Play with groups and/or families visiting the museum
- Enthusiastically interpret exhibits
- Lend a hand with prepping and delivering of daily programs and special events
- Work with peers and education staff with on-the-floor activities
- Help out with clerical/office work
- Enjoy playing with children ages 0-10
- Have a warm and adventurous personality that shows pride in your accomplishments
- Show kindness, confidence, and cheer
- Be reliable and punctual
- Stretch your creative muscles
- Explore something new every day
- Be curious
- Have fun!
- Allow your creativity and confidence to shine
- Build teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- Learn the basics of early childhood theory and education
- A unique opportunity to gain work experience
- Build a community service record
- Meet and hear from Tampa’s best non-profits
Must be ages 14-17
Minimum Hours: 100 hours per semester
Biweekly Training: Play Leaders will meet every other week to reflect on their experiences and discuss lessons learned like tools for overcoming challenges and leadership skills. Teens will also receive training on basic early childhood education topics, hear guest speakers from community partners and presentations from GCM staff on Museum careers.