June 7- August 19, 2017
We are looking forward to a fantastic summer! In order to ensure a quality visit for all guests we are now to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Due to high volume walkups and member visitation, we will max out at 200 students Tuesday-Friday.
- Field Trips: Smallab is available Tuesday-Friday ONLY
- The Glazer Children’s Museum is designed for children ages birth-10. If you have students in your group over the age of 10, please contact visitor services for special accommodations.
- All schools and groups booking a field trip to the Glazer Children’s Museum must have a 50% deposit to complete booking. Exceptions can be made internally.
- Arrival times include: 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am, 1pm, or 1:30pm.
Start the reservation process by filling out a Field Trip Request Form today. Or contact Reservations at 813 443 3821 to check availability and make your reservation.
Summer Field Trip FAQs:
1. How many people are required to get the group rate?
The minimum to receive the group rate is 10 children.
2. What is the group rate?
- Students, $6
- All teachers are FREE. The Museum may require teachers to show an employee badge or other proof of employment to ensure proper discounts are applied.
- Adults, 1 Adult Chaperone for every 10 students, FREE
- Additional Chaperones, $10 each
3. How many chaperones are required?
We require 1 adult (over 18+ years old) for every 10 children. This policy is strictly enforced. Please identify one chaperone identify as the Lead Teacher. This person is responsible for overseeing the entire trip and will be the point of contact for Museum staff during the field trip.
4. How long does a field trip last?
The average field trip is 3 hours (including time for orientation and lunch). There is no minimum or maximum stay, but we do ask for an arrival and departure time from each group so that we may staff the building accordingly.
5. What are the hours of field trips?
Groups may arrive as early as 10am and must depart by 4:30pm. You will be asked to provide an arrival and departure time when you make your reservation. An arrival before or after your scheduled time may result in waiting time before your group can be oriented.
6. What about lunches?
You may purchase Subway boxed lunches from the Museum (advanced purchase required; please inquire when you make your reservation) or you may bring your lunch and enjoy it picnic-style in the park. We provide non-refrigerated storage for lunches. However unless you purchase food from the museum. We do not provide an indoor eating area only if there is inclement weather during day of visit.
7. Are there additional experiences available to add on to my summer field trip?
First ever in a Children’s Museum – SMALLab is an embodied learning environment where every learner is up, moving, and collaborating with peers. Have your students work together to solve puzzles, create stories and character plots, learn about the world, and paint digital masterpieces. The SMALLab Experience accommodates a max of 26 students and 3 chaperones. Each scenario is 45 minutes in length and comes with a SMALLab Educator to facilitate. The SMALLab Experience can be added to any Field Trip booking for an additional $3.50 per student and must be reserved 2 weeks in advance. View the SMALLab Video Demo to learn more about this new experience! Booking is available starting April 1, 2016.
- 30+ Days before confirmed Field Trip date, 100% Refund
- 29-14 Days before confirmed Field Trip date, 75% Refund
- 13-8 Days before confirmed Field Trip date, 50% Refund
- 7 Days before confirmed Field Trip date, No Refund
- In case of an over-payment, any refund request less than $25 must be submitted in written form from a school official. Please address to Reservations@GlazerMuseum.org.