Join GCM Educator Emily to learn all about Garrett Morgan, the inventor of the three-light traffic light! Emily tells us the story of Garrett Morgan’s invention, then teaches us how to create our own Inventor’s Notebook where we can write or draw ideas for inventions of our own!
- Brown Paper Bag
- Plain or Graph Paper, cut in half
- Cut off one side of your brown paper bag. Then, fold that piece in half, and cut it down the middle.
- Next, take a few pieces of plain or graph paper. Center this stack of paper on top of your brown paper bag and fold all the paper in half, like a book.
- Staple your notebook down the spine. Or, you could punch holes and tie with ribbon or string.
- Finish your notebook by decorating the cover. Make sure to put your name, so everyone knows who the inventions belong to!
Team GCM Creator: Emily