Become a scientific chef with Team GCM member, Chris! Today, he shows you how to make s’mores in a solar oven made from household materials!
- On the top (lid) of the box, use a marker to draw a square one inch from all sides of the box.
- Use scissors to cut along the front and sides of the square you just drew. Leaving the fourth side along the box’s hinge uncut
- Tape aluminum foil to the inside of the new flap you just cut, smoothing out any wrinkles
- Tape plastic wrap over the hole you cut into the lid, sealing all four edges with tape
- Open the entire box lid and tape black construction paper to the bottom of the inside of the box to help absorb the incoming sunlight
- Let food cook, using a stick to adjust the angle of the reflector to make sure sunlight is getting inside the solar oven
Share your solar oven s’mores creation with the hashtag #GCMatHome
Team GCM Creators: Chris