- Tissue paper, any size any color
- If you want to add a stem then you will need construction paper or pipe cleaners, otherwise, you can just use a staple.
- If you are using more than one sheet of tissue paper stack your pieces on top of one another.
- Starting with the short side of your paper, fold your paper accordion style: fold your paper over one inch. Then flip your paper over and fold it back one inch. Continue folding and flipping until all of your paper is folded.
- Round the edges of your paper with scissors to create a more petal-like look.
- If you are adding a stem, staple a rolled piece of construction paper in the center of your folded tissue paper or carefully wrap one end of a pipe cleaner around the center of your folded tissue paper and twist the pipe cleaner together to secure it. If you are not including a stem, simply staple the center of your folded paper to secure it.
- Very gently start to pull apart the different layers of tissue paper to fluff and shape your flower. Be extra careful as tissue paper can rip easily.
Team GCM Creator: Ashley