- Paper plate
- Markers (or other coloring utensils of your choice)
- Decorate the bottom side of your plate using your coloring utensils. What will your crown look like? Will it have polka dots? Stripes? A rainbow? Will you cover it in colorful shapes? Or make it abstract and make colorful scribbles? Use your imagination!
- Fold your paper plate in half like you would fold a taco
- Take your scissors and make one cut in your folded paper plate, but don’t go all the way to the edge! Then make another cut, but this time diagonally, and then another diagonal cut. Like Gift said, cut like you’re cutting pieces of a pizza!
- Unfold your paper plate and cut the rest of your pizza slices. Follow along with Gift if this part is tricky. There should be 8 equal triangles.
- Fold your triangles outward to make the points on your crown
- Place it on your head and there you have it! You have now been crowned with your royal creation!
- Popsicle sticks – about 8 small ones, and 2 big ones
- Rubber bands
- A plastic spoon
- Small objects to launch (like cotton balls!)
- Stack your popsicle sticks, one on top of another. Then use your rubber band to secure your popsicle sticks together on one side. You may need a grownup’s help, so don’t be discouraged, just ask for help! Secure the other side of your popsicle sticks with a rubber band as well. This is now the base for your catapult!
- Take your plastic spoon and secure it to one of your big popsicle sticks with a rubber band. You can use one rubber band to secure the top portion of the spoon and another rubber band to secure the bottom portion.
- Now take your second big popsicle stick and rubber bands to secure the two big popsicle sticks together. Only secure the bottom end of the two popsicle sticks together. You’ll see you can now make an opening between the two big popsicle sticks
- Now take your securely stacked popsicle sticks and wedge them between your banded together big popsicle sticks.
- Then use another rubber band to secure all of your popsicle sticks together as Bill does to his!
- Now you’ve got your catapult! Time to launch!
Team GCM Creators: Bill and Gift