Join Team GCM Member Joy as she teaches us about plant propagation! Follow the steps to grow a new plant from a piece of one that you already have.
- 1 houseplant (vining plants work best)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 glass jar
- 1 sunny window
- Cut a 5-6 inch long cutting of a stem on a houseplant.
- Fill the glass jar with water.
- Place the cutting in the jar of water.
- Place the jar in a sunny window and wait.
- Change the water with fresh water every 2 days.
- Watch the roots grow.
- Once the roots are 3-4 inches long, you can put the cutting in soil.
Team GCM Creator: Joy