Join Team GCM Member Kirsten as she uses fresh fruit to make a yummy homemade snack, Fruit Leather! This cooking activity uses an oven and a blender, so make sure you have an adult to help out.
- 4 1/2 cups of fruit of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of agave, sugar, OR honey
- Baking tray (+ oil or cooking spray to grease tray)
- Chopping Board
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 170°F
- Make sure to wash your fruit thoroughly to remove any dirt and residue that may be on them
- Have an adult help cut up the fruit, removing any stems or leaves. The fruit should be small enough to be easily blendable! (Blueberries don’t need to be cut, but pineapples do!)
- Have an adult help blend the fruit, lemon juice, and sweetener of your choice (agave, sugar, or honey) together until fully blended
- Grease your baking tray to ensure that the fruit leather won’t stick to the pan after baking
- Pour blended mixture on to the baking tray
- Have an adult help to carefully place the baking tray with the mixture spread on it into the oven.
- Let it bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours!
- Have an adult help remove the tray from the oven.
- When cool, peel the piece of fruit leather off of the baking tray and on to a piece of parchment.
- Roll the fruit leather and parchment together so the parchment is on the outside of the roll
- Use scissors to cut small sections of roll off to create strips of fruit leather.
Enjoy your snack!
Team GCM Creators: Kirsten