GCM Educator Essence is teaching us all about chemical reactions as she shows us how to make bread! Follow along to see what happens when you mix things together and add heat to create something new!
- 1 packet of yeast
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup of water
- Gallon-sized Ziplock Bag
- Add sugar and 1 cup of flour to the large bag.
- In a separate container, add yeast to warm water and mix it up.
- Add your yeast mixture to the bag, seal the bag, and mix your ingredients together.
- Let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt, oil, and 1 more cup of flour to the bag. Zip the bag up and work the ingredients into the dough.
- Add the last 1 cup of flour to the bag, seal the bag, and mix it again.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and dump the dough out of the bag and onto the floured area. Knead the dough for 10 minutes. Add more flour if your dough is getting too sticky.
- Put your dough into a bowl and let the yeast do the rest of its work! Let the bread rest for 30 minutes with a damp towel on top of the bowl. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a pan with oil and add your dough to the pan.
- Bake the bread for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Then, enjoy!
If you enjoy adding butter to your bread, follow Team GCM member, Gift, as she makes Homemade Butter!
Team GCM Creator: Gift