Hi friends, today with our friends from PNC Bank and Daniel Tiger, we are making something extra special. We’re making banana bread! Why are we making banana bread? Daniel Tiger made banana bread for his mom as a way to say I love you because he values her! Value is a word we’ve heard before! Do you remember what it means? Value means how important something is to you.
Daniel Tiger says, “Making something is one way to say I love you.” So let’s make banana bread, and then you can share it with someone you love and value!
- 2 to 3 extra ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- Have an adult preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are not using a non-stick loaf pan, then butter or grease the sides so your bread does not stick.
- Melt your butter in a microwave then mash the bananas and butter together. You can use a spoon, fork, or another utensil to mash everything together.
- In a separate bowl beat one egg, then pour it into your banana mixture along with the baking soda, salt, sugar, vanilla extract.
- Finally, mix in your flour. Your arms might be tired but don’t give up, keep mixing! When you can’t see any more flour you can pour the mixture into your loaf pan.
- Have an adult put the pan into the oven to bake for fifty minutes to an hour (you can check if it’s down by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean your break should be done!)
- Let your banana bread cool before you eat or share! Enjoy!
Team GCM Creator: Ashley + Mason