Team GCM member Emily is teaching us all about the winter solstice! Join her to learn about the winter solstice and to learn how to make your own lantern to celebrate the winter solstice on December 21!
- Cardboard roll (or rolled up construction paper)
- Hole punch
- Paint, glitter, and other craft supplies
- Begin by decorating your cardboard roll. Emily used a q-tip to stamp white paint, similar to snowflakes. You can also add glitter and other decorations!
- Allow time for your cardboard roll to dry.
- Next, take your hole punch and punch patterns around your lantern. This will allow the light to shine through!
- Finally, if you have a battery-operated tealight, place your cardboard over the tealight and watch your lantern light up!
Team GCM Creator: Emily