Join Team GCM Member Ashley as she dives into the world of Puppets! After you learn about the history of these story-telling tools, why not create your own puppets and become a puppeteer yourself? Follow the directions below to put on your own puppet show!
- Draw or trace what you want your puppet to be on a sheet of paper. You don’t have to worry about details or what color your paper is because you’re only going to see the shadow of it.
- Cut out your creation
- Tape your cut out to a popsicle stick, spoon, or pencil.
- Ta-da! You created a shadow puppet. Now it’s time to test it out!
To set up your stage:
- Use a flashlight or the light on an adult’s phone and shine it towards a wall.
- Place your shadow puppets in front of the light.
- Look for your puppet’s shadow on the wall!
Team GCM Creator: Ashley