Welcome to our new Educator Newsletter for Tampa Bay educators just like you! We hope you, your students, and your families are staying safe and healthy during this time. We miss our school groups and cannot wait to have students and their educators back in the Museum soon! While we are away from the Museum, we wanted to find a way to stay in touch with our educators, so we decided to create and launch our Educator Newsletter. We will provide you with fun resources and updates. Please enjoy these resources and share them with an educator friend! This newsletter is all about being mindful and enjoying nature.
We know that you, like all of us, are feeling all of the feelings right now. In order to process our feelings and find some mindfulness in our day, we’ve been enjoying this Mindfulness Drawing activity, provided by our friends at the University of Tampa’s Art Therapy program and the American Art Therapy Association. Grab some paper and any drawing materials and join GCM Team Member Emily as she teaches us how to take care of ourselves through art.
We have spent a lot of time inside over the past month or so, and know how important it is to be outside, enjoying nature and soaking up the sunshine and fresh air. Our friends at the Sky Day Project have created a citizen art project, focused on teaching children about our sky. The Sky Day Project helps us to focus on interconnectedness – though we may live in different places and experience different day-to-day, we are all a part of one world, and under one sky. Visit Sky Day Project to find ways to incorporate their content into your classroom! And above is one of our GCM at Home activities that we did with the Sky Day Project!
We’ve given a revamp to our Educator Resources page! We are featuring professional development opportunities, field trip information, and more!
Want More GCM?
- Sign up for our Educators email list on our Educator Resources page
- Check out GCM at Home for 40+ activities that you can do at home with your students or kiddos
- Sign up for our Learn & Play Tampa Bay newsletter for fun, early education content Sign up here
- GCM is committed to continuing learning all summer long. Sign up for Camp Imagination this summer
- Our valued partners are offering a variety of resources to help you navigate this confusing time. Visit our Community Resources page for a range of resources!