Watch the video from Education is Key on April 27, 2017!
The Glazer Children’s Museum welcomes Dr. Michael Rich of Harvard University, known as the Mediatrician, to discuss children’s media use and the implications of screen time on health and development at Education is Key on April 27, 2017. Read his biography here. The topic is highly relevant during Week of the Young Child, a national initiative celebrating early childhood education from April 24-28. The event honors one outstanding student and teacher from the Tampa Bay Community, who will each be presented with an award during the program. Education Is Key serves as a fundraiser for the Museum’s Social Responsibility Fund.
The other speakers included:
- Jennifer Stancil, President and CEO of the Glazer Children’s Museum
- Commissioner Sandy Murman, Hillsborough County Commissioner
- Barbara Hancock, Instructional Leadership Director of Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Gege Kreischer, Consultant with Child Care Concepts
Congratulations to the 2017 Outstanding Student and Teacher!
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria for a total of 55 possible points:
- Impact on the student, classroom, or school (15 points)
- Dedication to education (10 points)
- Effectiveness of leadership (10 points)
- Unique reason for nomination (15 points)
- Innovation and Creativity (5 points)
- 2 tickets to the Awards & Breakfast
- $250 Award
- Special Commemorative Certificate