Summoning all castle builders! Builders of all ages are invited to explore, build, and play in the traveling exhibition—Castle Builder! In this exhibit kids and their families are transported to a kingdom where they become castle builders, building their own toy castle brick by brick. In Castle Builder, builders of all ages and skill levels can construct castles, learn about real-world castles and their building secrets, and plan their ideal castle’s defenses. Families can even explore the inside of the royal castle, test their fortress designs with a catapult, and spot a dragon.
What can you do in Castle Builder?
• Build, Build, Build!—Builders of all ages and skill levels can construct castles, learn about real-world castles and their building secrets, and plan their ideal castle’s defenses. The Builders Guild is divided into three age-appropriate build areas; 7+, 3–6, and Toddler.
• Explore a Giant Castle—Explore the inside of the royal castle full of decorations and the king and queen’s thrones.
• Aim a Catapult—Build a fortress wall on-screen and test its strength with a virtual catapult.
• Defend the Castle Walls—Climb into a lookout tower and slide back down to the ground.
• See a dragon—In the dragon’s cave, children and adults can create and share their own fantastical stories that feature castles as the setting.
What is Castle Builder?
Castle Builder is a traveling exhibit created by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. This 2,200 square- foot exhibit invites builders of all ages to explore, build, and play. In this exhibit, children and their families are transported to a kingdom where they can become castle builders.
What will my family learn in Castle Builder?
It takes creativity and skill to plan, build, and run a castle. Each part of a castle is built for a purpose and planning helps builders construct successful castles.
Is there an age limit for this exhibit?
This extraordinary exhibit features age-appropriate areas for children of nearly all ages. The toddler area is limited to ages 4 and under for the safety of little builders. The 7 and older build area features signage discouraging the removal of bricks outside the build area. Barriers are placed around the area to encourage only age-appropriate play in this area of the exhibit with signage stating that due to small parts, no builders under 3 years are allowed in this area. Adult supervision is also required in the 7 and older build area. The exhibit features several block elements that visitors may touch. These pieces feature bricks that are glued together to discourage the bricks from breaking apart where young children might have access to them. The exhibit features several other brick-built elements that are behind barriers.
Produced by: The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
Shipping Partner: Laser Locators
Video by Tampa Bay Parenting