The Glazer Children’s Museum has many volunteer opportunities available for teens, adults and groups. Volunteers interact, teach, and inspire museum visitors. It is through a volunteer’s graciously donated time and talents, that we can better meet our mission – to create learning environments where children play, discover, and connect to the world around them to develop as lifelong learners and leaders.
We are always looking for energetic individuals to help us bring the Glazer Children’s Museum to life. Volunteers of all abilities, interests, and schedules are needed. All volunteer candidates are subject to criminal background checks.
Volunteer Commitments Levels:
- Ongoing Volunteer for regular shifts (weekly, every other week, or monthly) on a long term basis. Shifts may change as needed, but the volunteer expects to fulfill his/her duties for an extended period of time.
- Short Term Perfect for partial year residents, students, and those with limited availability – volunteer for regularly scheduled shifts for shorter periods of time.
- Special Events Volunteer for special Museum events only including holiday events, parades, internal and external events. Volunteers of any commitment level may sign up to volunteer at Special Events in addition to their regularly scheduled shifts.
How to Become a Volunteer:
- Complete and Submit a Volunteer Application
- Be Asked to Interview and Attend an Orientation Session
- Set a Start Date and Schedule with the Volunteer Coordinator
Who Can Volunteer:
Individuals Any adult or teenager (age 14 and older) may apply to be a volunteer with the Museum. There are a variety of volunteer positions that you can select from as well as opportunities to offer suggestions for what capacity you would like to serve. For example: Volunteers fill various roles such as greeting or interacting with visitors, working behind-the-scenes on exhibits or special projects or assisting with field trips or birthday parties.
Groups College, high school, social, corporate, and other nonprofit groups are all welcome. A primary contact will be established for the group and it will be the responsibility of the group leader to coordinate for the group to arrive at the Museum for the scheduled volunteer assignment. Group volunteers are primarily project and special event based. This is a perfect program for groups that want to volunteer their time together. Group members must be at least 14 years old.
Submit completed forms and any further questions to Denisse Deleon at email@example.com or mailed to 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602.