Want to know more about our daily programs? You’re in the right place!
Daily programs are staff-directed educational programs that focus on a seasonal theme, Museum exhibit area, science, math, art, or literacy. Programs change regularly to ensure there is something for everyone. Also, check out our CALENDAR for other special programs and weekend events you won’t want to miss.
Glazer Children’s Museum Programs (Program schedule effective October 1, 2014)
- Mondays – Make It Mondays! The Art Lab is open for drop-in projects every Monday, 10am-4pm.
- Tuesday & Thursdays – Toddler Days! Join us for age appropriate programs for children, ages 0-3. Most programs will be in a program area perfect for the the little ones.
- Wednesdays – Whisk In Wednesday! The My House Your House Kitchen is open for a cooking program every Wednesday, 12pm and 2pm.
- Fridays – Fun Fridays! Pull up a seat on Fridays for a fun, theatre-style show lead by the Museum’s Program Team.
- Saturdays & Sundays – Weekends are packed with fun. Check the calendar for possible character appearances, special demonstrations, and more!
Daily programs made possible by support from
These fun, staff-directed programs will rotate throughout the month of October. Check the Museum’s calendar for what is happening today or call the Museum at 8134433861.
Make It Monday
- Thankful Wreaths (Ages 3+ with caregiver assistance) Talk about leaves changing colors and what you’re thankful for while you build a decorative wreath.
- Thankful Book Placemats (Ages 3+ with caregiver assistance) Come enjoy The Thankful Book by Todd Parr and then make your own Parr-inspired placemat for your dinner table on Thanksgiving Day.
Toddler Tuesday/Thursday (Ages 0-3)
- Simple Sorting Pie Sort plastic fruit pieces by color, size, shape, and more in this fun classification activity that also builds hand dexterity needed for writing.
- Mary Had A Little Lamb Mary Hale, author of Mary Had a Little Lamb, advocated most of her adult life for Thanksgiving to become a national holiday. Inspired by this, come to a toddler sing-along all about animals.
Whisk It Wednesday (All Ages)
- A Turkey A Day Join in this healthy snack that talks about the parts of a turkey, symmetry, patterns, and more.
- See the Tasty Traditions page for a full list of cooking programs during the week of Thanksgiving
Fun Friday (All Ages)
- Oobleck Let’s learn how and why this gooey material can be both a solid and a liquid.
- Harvest Ice Cream Show Talk about it means to harvest with the Museum’s own scare crow and then use healthy foods that we harvest to make a fun snack.