Want to know more about our daily programs? You’re in the right place!
Daily programs are staff-directed educational programs that focus on a seasonal theme, Museum exhibit area, science, math, art, or literacy. Programs change regularly to ensure there is something for everyone. Also, check out our CALENDAR for other special programs and weekend events you won’t want to miss.
Glazer Children’s Museum Programs (Program schedule effective October 1, 2014)
- Mondays – Make It Mondays! The Art Lab is open for drop-in projects every Monday, 10am-4pm.
- Tuesday & Thursdays – Toddler Days! Join us for age appropriate programs for children, ages infant-3. Most programs will be in a program area perfect for the the little ones.
- Wednesdays – Whisk In Wednesday! The My House Your House Kitchen is open for a cooking program every Wednesday, 12pm and 2pm.
- Fridays – Fun Fridays! Pull up a seat on Fridays for a fun, theatre-style show lead by the Museum’s Program Team.
- Saturdays & Sundays – Weekends are packed with fun. Check the calendar for possible character appearances, special demonstrations, and more!
Daily programs made possible by support from
These fun, staff-directed programs will rotate throughout the month of December. Check the Museum’s calendar for what is happening today or call the Museum at 8134433861.
Make It Monday
- Ice Crystal Water Colors (Ages 3+ with caregiver assistance) We all know snow is made out of ice crystals but have you ever really looked at how beautiful they are? Join us as we take a look through a microscope and then make your own simulated ice crystals with this creative water color art project.
- Recycled Art Ornament (Ages 3+ with caregiver assistance) Watch old, torn books become a family ornament during this art project. Older kids can start their projects from scratch while the younger ones can create something pre-cut.
Toddler Tuesday/Thursday (Ages 0-3)
- I Think I Can Come enjoy this classic children’s book, The Little Engine That Could, to introduce or reinforce the idea of kindness with your little one. Then, inspire their own self assurance and creativity while they use car crayon molds to make their own transportation-themed work of art.
- Cars, Planes, and Trains This is a sorting activity using colorful cars, planes, and trains. Pick up a transportation-themed book, listen to some great (and not annoying) toddler music, and introduce math concepts with colors and shapes.
Whisk It Wednesday (All Ages)
- Make Play Dough Use ingredients often found around the house to make some Play Dough! Take it for yourself, give as a gift, or use the take-home recipe.
Fun Friday (All Ages)
- Microwave That Soap! Come learn about how snow is made and then watch the Museum’s Program Team show you what happens when you heat up the air and moisture all around us.
- Winter Tales - December 12 only! Bits & Pieces Puppet Theatre is stopping by to do a one-time-only grand puppet show!