Enhance your Museum Exploration by booking a Learning Workshop during your field trip. Museum Educators will guide your students through interactive, hands-on classroom experiences that will help them have even more fun in the Museum exhibits. Learning Workshops are included in the cost of admission, but pre-registration is required. Our 30-minute Learning Workshops are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10AM and 12PM from September 4, 2013 – June 6, 2014. Please note that Learning Workshops are not offered during Hillsborough County School breaks (Nov 25-29, Dec 23-Jan 3, March 10-14). Learning Workshops are restricted to 72 students per time slot, but multiple sessions may be available to accommodate larger groups. Contact Reservations at 813.443.3821 or email@example.com to reserve your workshop today!
LEARNING WORKSHOPS FOR 2013-2014
Workshops for PreK
- READY, SET, MATH! Explore shapes, counting and patterns.
- READY, SET, READ! Explore letters and sounds.
- READY, SET, SCIENCE! Explore, investigate and discover.
Workshops for Grades K-1
- FANTASTIC FAIRY TALES Create and illustrate your own class fairy tale.
- FITNESS & FUN Exercise your mind and body while practicing math skills.
- SHAPE UP WITH ART Explore geometric properties of the shapes in our world.
- WATER 101 Explore the water cycle, properties of water and issues of water quality.
- *NEW* WEATHER WISE Investigate the what, where, how and why of our weather.
- WHAT’S INSIDE ME? Investigate bodily systems through movement, art and music.
Workshops for Grades 2-4
- FOOD & FUN Figure out math as you explore food groups and recipes.
- *NEW* SMART STUDIO Use science and math to explore and create works of art.
- STATES OF MATTER Explore water molecules in three different states of matter.
- SUNSHINE STATE SCIENCE Explore issues in Florida’s ecology. Choose from: Oil Spills, Sinkholes or Wetlands.
- TRADING PLACES Investigate where everyday objects come from and how they get to us.