August 19, 2014 – June 5, 2015
At the Glazer Children’s Museum, your students will be able to participate in hands-on exhibits, activities and programs designed to engage their curiosity and apply learning to real-life situations. Any public or private school is welcome to book a trip to the Glazer Children’s Museum as a way to expand and reinforce classroom learning. All of our exciting school programs are aligned with state and national standards. In order to ensure that all guests have the best experience possible, the Museum will be reserving Mondays for Museum Members, general admission guests, preschool groups, and home school trips.
Download our complete Field Trip Guide with helpful information, tips for a successful visit, field trip planning checklist, and more by clicking the button below!
Cost & Arrival Information
- Students, $6
- Teachers and Administrators, FREE
- 1 adult chaperone (required) for every 10 students, FREE. Additional chaperones, $10 each
- Memberships are not valid for group admission.
- Field trip groups may arrive at the Museum as early as 9:30AM, Tuesday- Friday. Please allow at least 15 minutes for orientation and processing.
- All groups must leave by 5PM when the Museum closes. Most groups choose to stay 3-4 hours per visit.
Enhance your field trip with one of our 3 options:
- Self Guided Experience - Self guided field trips are not staff directed which allows children to guide their own experience from gallery to gallery. Children must stay with their assigned chaperone throughout the day. Educators can download Gallery Guides and distribute them to chaperones to offer guided play.
- Assemblies - Assemblies are complimentary, theatre-based presentations for up to 150 students. Space is limited and each assembly must be reserved in advance.
- Workshops - Museum educators lead standards-aligned classroom sessions that allow students and teachers to have an in-depth, hands-on experience with subject matter relating to the Museum’s exhibit galleries. We offer 16 different workshops, 30 minutes each. Space is limited and each workshop must be reserved in advance. Workshops are assessed a $2 fee per student and are limited to 35 children per session.
Are you a Title 1 School?
Title 1 elementary schools can apply for a sponsored field trip by requesting an application from email@example.com. To date, over 10,500 students at Title 1 elementary schools have been served through this program. Field Trip funding for Title 1 schools is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Limit one sponsored field trip per school year.
Title 1 Support Provided by