Get involved. Make an impact. Grow your mind. VOLUNTEER!
The Glazer Children’s Museum has many volunteer opportunities available for teens, adults and groups. Volunteers interact, teach and inspire museum visitors. It is through a volunteer’s graciously donated time and talents, that we can better meet our mission – to create learning environments where children play, discover and connect to the world around them to develop as lifelong learners and leaders.
We are always looking for energetic individuals to help us bring the Glazer Children’s Museum to life. Volunteers of all abilities, interests and schedules are needed. Only here for part of the year? No problem! Want to only work periodic special events? No problem! Want to be here once a week? Definitely no problem!
How to become a Volunteer
- Complete and Submit a Volunteer Application
- Register and Attend an Orientation Session (Schedule Below)
- Set a Start Date and Schedule with the Volunteer Coordinator
- GROW YOUR MIND and VOLUNTEER!
Who can volunteer?
Individuals – Any adult or teenager (age 14 and older) may apply to be a volunteer with the Museum. There are a variety of volunteer positions that you can select from as well as opportunities to offer suggestions for what capacity you would like to serve. For example: Volunteers fill various roles such as greeting or interacting with visitors, working behind-the-scenes on exhibits or special projects or assisting with field trips or birthday parties. DOWNLOAD Individual Volunteer Application
Groups – (College, high school, social, corporate and non-profit groups) – A primary contact will be established for the group and it will be the responsibility of the group leader to coordinate for the group to arrive at the museum for the scheduled volunteer assignment. Group volunteers are primarily project and special event based. This is a perfect program for groups that want to volunteer their time together. Group members must be at least 14 years old. DOWNLOAD Group Volunteer Application
*Since every person who volunteers at the Glazer Children’s Museum comes into contact with the general public and children, all volunteer candidates are subject to criminal background checks.*
Volunteer Commitment Levels
- Ongoing – Volunteer for regular shifts (weekly, every other week, or monthly) on a long term basis. Shifts may change as needed, but the volunteer expects to fulfill his/her duties for an extended period of time.
- Short Term – Perfect for partial year residents, students, and those with limited availability – volunteer for regularly scheduled shifts for shorter periods of time.
- Special Events – Volunteer for special Museum events only – ex. holiday events, parades, internal and external events, etc. Note: Volunteers of any commitment level may sign up to volunteer at any event in addition to their regular scheduled shifts.
2013 ORIENTATION DATES Must pre-register for Orientation sessions by emailing email@example.com
- June 13, 4:00 pm
- July 11, 4:00 pm
- August 15, 4:00 pm
Documents can be submitted to Kristen Nieves, Volunteer Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 110 West Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602, ATTN: Kristen Nieves. Should you be selected for this program you will be notified by May 13 via email with an invitation to attend the mandatory volunteer orientation on May 20th from 6pm – 8pm here at the Museum.
Contact Kristen Nieves, VP of Operations, for more information about any of our volunteer opportunities at email@example.com or 813 443 3802.