Education is Key Breakfast: April 27, 2017 | 7:30-9am
The Glazer Children’s Museum is excited to announce that Harvard’s Dr. Michael Rich will be the keynote speaker at the fifth annual Education is Key Breakfast on April 27, 2017. He will be discussing children’s media use and implications for their health and development. Click here to read his biography.
The other speakers include:
- Jennifer Stancil, President and CEO of the Glazer Children’s Museum
- Commissioner Sandy Murman, Hillsborough County Commissioner
- Barbara Hancock, Instructional Leadership Director of Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Gege Kreischer, Consultant with Child Care Concepts
Become a Sponsor
Proceeds benefit the Social Responsibility Fund at Glazer Children’s Museum, helping ALL children play, discover and connect to the world around them. There are several sponsorship opportunities available. To become a sponsor or attend the event, contact Ryan Gonzalez at 8134433800 or email@example.com.
Now Accepting Nominations
The Education is Key Breakfast will honor an outstanding teacher and student from the Tampa Bay Community. We are now accepting nominations.
Nomination Due Date – Education is Key Nominations Due by Wednesday, March 1 at 5pm.Submit Online Nomination Form
Do you know someone who overcame a learning disability? Maybe you have a student that was held back and now gets straight A’s. The winning student has a hunger for knowledge and the drive to succeed.
Do you know a teacher that goes above and beyond to provide an exceptional learning environment for his or her students? Maybe they pay for supplies out of their own pocket or stays late to tutor struggling students. The outstanding teacher will be chosen based on the impact he or she has made on a particular student, classroom, or school.
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria for a total of 55 possible points:
- Impact on the student, classroom, or school (15 points)
- Dedication to education (10 points)
- Effectiveness of leadership (10 points)
- Unique reason for nomination (15 points)
- Innovation and Creativity (5 points)
- 2 tickets to the Awards & Breakfast
- $250 Award
- Special Commemorative Certificate